Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fourth Time...

I am incredibly excited as I prepare for my fourth time going to La Casa de Fe in Shell, Ecuador. Someone asked me recently, “Why are you going again?” I am thankful I get questions like that, because it helps me self check my motives. Why am I going?


Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world. (James 1:27 HCSB)


There is something special about serving those who can give you nothing in return. It is the most selfless thing you can do, because to only return you may get back is a simple “thank you.” Try it sometime. You might be surprised at just how amazing it is.


In Christ,

jon walton


P.S. Check back here starting Thursday, June 19th for daily updates on our trip!



Fourth Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment