Friday, September 7, 2012

Actions Are Louder Than Words...

I was visiting with a friend recently who has been sick for a while. They told me other friends had offered help or for this person to come over and hang out, but they were simply unable to. "I know these other people care," they told me, "but you actually came. Thanks."

Pastor Bidwell Mindy once told me, "If you come to Africa, then you are our brother!"

Words can be a great source of comfort. They can heal, inspire, encourage, and drive someone forward. Yet words can only go so far. When we put our faith into action is when it truly becomes "real" to us.

Since we came back from Ecuador, Dan Williams and I were talking about how much a tractor would help the construction at Casa de Fe. Dan didn't let it stop with talking about it. He has set up a Facebook page to start raising funds to buy one. (Click here to like it!)

I think this is the heart of the message James was talking about:

If a brother or sister is without clothes and lacks daily food and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,” but you don’t give them what the body needs, what good is it? In the same way faith, if it doesn’t have works, is dead by itself.  - James 2:15-17

Don't just talk about doing something for Jesus, actually get up and do it!

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment