Monday, August 20, 2012

Tranquilo...

There is always an adjustment period when coming back from a mission trip. Going from working hard each day and knowing what you are doing every day is serving God to a "normal" routine can be difficult. In fact, it can be down right depressing. It's easy to get caught up in the busy lifestyle we live as citizens of the United States. But when you have experienced something different, (and better in my opinion) getting back into the swing of things takes some time. This time back has been more difficult for me.
I get tired of all the "extras" we so quickly put in our lives thinking they are so vitally important. Sports for our kids, get together parties, activity after activity that fill up our time. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying these things are sin, but there is no doubt that they add extra stress and take up time that could be devoted elsewhere.
In the midst of all this, God has reminded me of something that has helped me readjust. "Tranquilo." Which is Spanish for "chill," or "relax." It's what we said to each other anytime things didn't go according to plan in Ecuador. (which happens quite often on a mission trip.) It's a good reminder that I can trust that Jesus is still in control, even in my busy schedule. That it will be ok.
Maybe I need to look at my priorities in my life here in the states again and see if I need to drop some unnecessary stuff but if I trust in Jesus, He will show me what to keep and what to let go. He will do the same for anyone who seeks and puts their trust in Him.

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment