Thursday, September 24, 2009

Welcome Home...

I rarely travel without my family. I don't like being away from my wife, who is absolutely amazing and I don't know how I would get along without, or my son, who daily makes me laugh and by just looking at him makes me want to try harder. My family is important to me. I love them with all my heart. I choose to take a trip to see some friends but my wife couldn't get off work, so I went it alone and Isaiah stayed with her. I miss them terribly in situations like that. I know it was only for a few days, I called often, and I knew they were safe, but I still missed them. When I came home, my wife greeted me first with a strong, long hug. It felt so good just to hold her and be held by her again, like a moment of utter peace. "Welcome home, honey" she said as she loosened her grip on me. When my son, who was playing on the computer, saw me he stopped, ran to me and hugged me tightly. "I never saw you for a long time, dad!" he shouted as he almost choked me.

It is a wonderful feeling to know you are loved. With a family comes responsibility, discipline, heartache, and sacrifice, yet the reward of love is worth it. Love is not only receiving, but giving. Love is everlasting, all conquering, and all forgiving. It is amazing to me that my family loves me as they do. I am not perfect, but they still love me. I make mistakes, but they still love me. I am even more amazed that Jesus Christ loves me. Because He is perfect, blameless, and amazing, yet I am not. Jesus is the example of love we should all strive for.

I can't wait until I get to walk into my eternal home, Heaven. I can't wait until I am greeted by my Savior, and I can put my arms around His neck, tell Him thank you, and hear Him say, "Welcome home."

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment