Monday, July 13, 2009

My Favorite was... (Version 2)

Preface: I know, I know. Its been nearly a month since I've wrote anything, I'm sorry. Tell you what, I'll blog 3 times this week. I know! It's unheard of! (From me anyway, Pastor Rick sometimes hits 3 in a day!)

We just went to Disney World for a family vacation. It was a trip primarily for our son, Isaiah. We had a great time and on the ride home we asked the question that always interests me, "Isaiah, what was your favorite part?" His reply was "The Peter Pan ride!" Now, what is so interesting about this is that he had never heard of Peter Pan prior to this trip. For some reason, he loved it. In fact, before we left we had to find Peter Pan and Wendy so he could get his picture made with them!

We just got back from Spiritsong Sunday morning (about 1:45 am!) and on the ride home while most people in my car was asleep, I was thinking of my favorite part, Abbie & Josh. The two students I asked to pray about doing devotions for us. I have to say, they both did absolutely incredible.

Abbie spoke about keeping our faith real and challenged us not to be luke warm in our service to Jesus. She read Revelation 3:15-16 - I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish that you were cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of My mouth. She made this statement: "I don't understand how someone who has a relationship with Jesus can be cold or luke warm." For those of us who have one, it is confusing. People who don't have a real relationship don't know what they are missing. She then challenged everyone to live thier lives 100% for the Lord. That'll preach!

Josh spoke about something we all to commonly deal with, jealousy. He read Psalm 37:4 - Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your heart's desires. He talked about how he struggled with seeing something someone else has and wanting it for himself, even to the point of driving him to anger. Then he told the group how that verse has helped him. How he is doing his best to delight in the Lord, and how he trusts that the Lord will give him his desires. That's living all in!

Why were these my favorite parts? Because I am getting to see some of my youth grow in Jesus. These were my favorite parts because they not only grew closer to Christ through doing the devotional, they helped others in our group get closer to Christ by teaching them. Better than Diamondback by a long shot!

In Christ,
jon walton

P.S. Thanks Abbie and Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment