Friday, July 24, 2009

Getting Excited...

I am getting excited about several things this fall. Skillet and The David Crowder Band both have new CD's coming out, there is a new video game coming out that I am really looking forward to, and in just a little over a week we are having a Back to School Party in The Reckoning (our Youth Group) that will be a lot of fun. Now, I am not an emotional guy. Sure, I get loud and have a lot of fun, but I don't typically get excited and all giddy. However, I have been getting that way lately, but not for any of the things I just mentioned.

Pastor Rick has been going through the book of Revelation(That's the one in the back, heh). He is doing an incredible job conveying the Word of God and I have been reading it intently. I have to say, I'm getting excited for Christ's return. Gidddy excited. I mean I am giggling a little as I write this thinking about it!

You see, I know that when it is all said and done, I get to be with my Savior forever. I know I will be in a place of peace. I know that I will have incredible joy. I know that I will have no pain, heartache, or fear ever again. I know others who will be there. I am really excited about it!

What I am not exctied about is the realization of how many people are daily turning away Jesus. Because for them when it is all said and done, they won't be in a place of peace. For them, who refuse to accept the Truth, they will be tormented forever. I thougth of that today and man, talk about putting things in perspective!

"Jesus, give me the opportunity to share about you with someone today. Let me find someone who needs You. Let me be bold in sharing how great You are. Let me share Your Love with them. And I pray now that You would soften thier heart, that You would prepair them to hear and accept the Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus, get me excited."

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment