Saturday, November 10, 2012

It Means So Much That You Called...

Over the past year I have made lots of phone calls when people have lost a loved one or friend. I was calling just to see if there was anything I could do. I know it is a difficult time and many times people just don't know what to do. So, any comfort that I can offer I do.

Something I have learned from this is that you really don't have to have all the right answers, you just need to show that you care. I think so many times we don't do something because we are afraid we will mess up, say or do the wrong thing, or hurt someone. How many times have you not spoke to someone who needed comfort or to hear about the gospel of Jesus Christ because of one of those reasons? Yet, when I call people to let them know I am praying for them or to see if there is anything I can do, it isn't the words I say that makes them feel a bit better, its the fact that I called. When we witness to people its isn't our vast knowledge of the Bible that will bring people to Christ, its Christ working though us that will bring that person to accept Jesus. We don't need be so consumed with saying the right thing, just doing the right thing!

What would you do differently in your life if you took these verses seriously?
"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” - Matt. 28:19, 20

See, I think the problem is too many times, we try to do the first part of those verses without remembering the second part. We try to do everything on our own, we get scared, and we wind up not doing it because we are afraid of saying the wrong thing before we even try. We need to remember the second part of those verses so we can effectively do the first part.

Tell you what, let's try this together and encourage each other along the way!

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment