Thursday, April 26, 2012

"Me," not "It"...

One of our families favorite new songs is "Where I Belong" by Building 429. It is a great song and we can be heard singing it a lot here lately.

While singing it recently, my son, singing louder than my wife and I together, shouted out, "Take this world and give it Jesus." I smiled and gently told him, "It is give me Jesus, not it." "Oh" he responded, "I thought it was 'it' cause we are suppose to tell the world about Jesus. So its like, Take this world and give it Jesus." Wow.

Even though my son was not singing the words written in the song, he gets it. It is one thing to have the understanding that Jesus is more important to us than the world, but it is something else all together to understand that this world needs Jesus.

For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. - John 3:17


We will keep singing our favorite new song, but don't be surprised if you hear us singing it "wrong."


In Christ,
jon walton


No comments:

Post a Comment