Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Salad...

Good news everyone! There are some of us who are trying very hard to "eat healthier" at the beginning of this new year. For those of you who are doing your best to stick with this challenge, I thought I would share a salad recipe that my wife and I came up with. It is surprisingly filling, and unlike so many other things I have tried, it is actually very tasty!

So here is how you make it:

Step 1: Make a nice bed of lettuce and spinach leaves. (I know you can't really see it that well in the pic, but it is there on the bottom)

Step 2: Add some fruit! I have tomatoes, gala apples, mandarin oranges, and raisins in mine. The oranges and tomatoes go very well together! I did not expect that.

Step 3: Add some crunch! The apples give it a nice texture, but they are not enough of a replacement for croutons for me. I used almond slivers. They give it a nice crunch without taking away from the other flavors.

Step 4: The dressing. My wife found this when we made it the first time. Take one or two of your orange slices and squeeze them over the entire salad. This makes for a very nice dressing as it coats the lettuce and spinach with the orange juice.

Your result is a very "sweet" tasting salad. I have had three of these and I don't even like salad!

Hope this helps you stay on track!

In Christ,
jon walton
back to C3

No comments:

Post a Comment