Friday, August 6, 2010

Keeping Out of Trouble...

Have you ever looked as someone and thought, "He(or she, but henceforth refereed to as "he") really has it all together. He makes wise decisions, he seems to always be on the up and up, and he is just a great person to be around. I wish I were more like him." I know from time to time I feel that way. I do my best to serve God with all that I am, but I mess up a lot. Sometimes I make selfish decisions that don't benefit God or others. Sometimes I speak out of turn and really offend someone. Sometimes I am just lazy and don't do what I should. There are days that I look at myself and wonder, "What in the world am I doing?" Ever have a day like that? (Or a week? Month? Year?)

I was reading through scripture today, and this passage really stuck out to me.

How can a young man keep his way pure?
By keeping Your word.

I have sought You with all my heart;
don't let me wander from Your commands.

I have treasured Your word in my heart
so that I may not sin against You.

LORD, may You be praised;
teach me Your statutes.

With my lips I proclaim
all the judgments from Your mouth.

I rejoice in the way [revealed by] Your decrees
as much as in all riches.

I will meditate on Your precepts
and think about Your ways.

I will delight in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.

-Psalm 119:9-16

Wanna keep out of trouble? Wanna make wise decisions? Wanna be happy?(See Psalm 119:1-8) Spend time with God. Next time you see that person who seems to have it all together, ask them about their relationship with Jesus. You may just find that their secrete to all that wisdom isn't from them, its from God.

"God, help me keep my way pure. Help me find time to spend with You. Help me understand Your Word. Help me keep Your commands. Because I love you Jesus. I want to keep in your light. May my life point others to You. Amen"

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment