Friday, May 7, 2010

We Have To Make A Change...

I think it is important that we all take time on a regular basis to check our lives and see if we who are called by the name of Jesus Christ are doing what He would have us do. For weeks now, I have been evaluating my life. I am looking at where I am spending my money. I am looking a where I am spending my time. I am looking at my life and wondering, "Is this what Jesus would want me to be doing?"

Pastor Rick preached a powerful(slap in your face powerful) message Sunday, May 2. He made this quote:

"We have come to a place in America where people think they can worship Jesus without doing what He did or obeying what He said."

How does that line up with the Word of God?
The one who says, "I have come to know Him," without keeping His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. - 1 John 2:4

While preparing for the sermon I am preaching Sunday, I have come to a realization. I sat down with my wife this week and told her, "Honey, we have to make a change." I am not sure to what extent it will be, but I know that I will follow Jesus Christ in whatever He leads.

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment