Friday, November 20, 2009

Available To All.

I live in a very rural area. In fact, besides family the closest neighbor I have is about a mile away. It is a great place to live, its quiet and beautiful. We have lots of room for the kids to play, ride our ATV's, camp out, and generally enjoy God's creation. We don't have to worry about the neighbor looking in our windows or getting too close to our yard, it is pretty peaceful where we live.

However, I do have one complaint: There is no access to high speed internet where I live. Does that sound crazy? I thought everyone had that access! For crying out loud, there is even high-speed WiFi offered on airplanes flying thousands of miles above us! Never the less, no high speed option(except for satellite which will not work with what I want) is available to me. Why? Because there is not enough demand for it in my area. The houses are too far apart, it would be too difficult or take too long for a company to make money running the lines or setting up the equipment to make it available. Bummer.

Is Jesus like that? Did Jesus say, "Sure I'll give my life as long as at least 10 million people will accept me."? Did Jesus say, "Sure you can go to heaven, as long as you complete enough good works."? Did Jesus say, "When enough people are ready, then I will allow salvation."? Absolutely not! In fact, Jesus' desire and the truth is the direct opposite!

The Lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance.
-2 Peter 3:9

"Thank you Jesus, that your salvation is available to all. You do not restrict your coverage. Your love knows no boundaries. You are available to all."

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment