Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Took a Bite Out of My Keys...

I hate being rushed. Being busy is fine and having lots to do is fine, but being rushed just puts me on edge and kinda stresses me out. You know what I mean. When people say, "I need this yesterday!" or "Hurry up!" I like to do things on my time. I want to do things well and be able to think about what I am doing, not have to make quick decisions and more than likely the wrong one.

I was in a hurry one morning recently. I had overslept and was trying to get everything done and still get to work on time. I was getting my son ready, packing his lunch, packing my lunch, getting my things for work, and neither one of us had eaten breakfast yet. I told him to buy his breakfast and I put a couple of pieces of bread in the toaster for me. I gathered up everything, grabbed the toast as it popped up and headed out to the truck. After putting my son and all the stuff in the truck, I grabbed my keys out of my pocket as I rushed to make my way to the driver's seat. I sat down, took a bite out of my keys and shoved my toast into the ignition. I hate being rushed.

I am so glad that the God I serve is never rushed. He never oversleeps, He never gets in a hurry, He never has to make last second decisions. His plan is being carried out just as He set it up. He is never surprised by anything, never caught off guard, and He never has to jump to a conclusion. I am glad to put my trust in the God that has it all under control and is allowing everything to happen in His time.

There is an occasion for everything, and a time for every activity under heaven.
-Ecclesiastes 3:1

In Christ,
jon walton

(Back to blogs)

No comments:

Post a Comment