Friday, March 6, 2009

Choose for yourselves today...

Now, I don't mean to rant, but there is something that has just really gotten under my skin. It has been eating at me for a while and it has all kinda came to a boiling point here as of late.
I am so tired of people who say, "I'm a Christian. I follow Jesus Christ. I live to serve Him." But then their lives reveal something in direct contradiction to it. Their openly crude language, their pride in sleeping around with people, their bragging about how drunk they got. It just doesn't line up! I wrote a while back about my experience with a waitress who said she was a Christian, yet was going to a strip joint later to get drunk! My words to her? "Could you please not tell people you are a Christian."
Pastor Rick has been preaching about this for some time now and he is not the only person who has faced it throughout history. Joshua faced this same problem. Joshua 24 begins by Joshua bringing together all of Israel's elders, leaders, judges, officers, anyone who said they followed the Lord. He told them all the Lord God had done for them, then told them.
Therefore, fear the LORD and worship Him in sincerity and truth. Get rid of the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and worship the LORD. But if it doesn't please you to worship the LORD, choose for yourselves today the one you will worship: the gods your fathers worshiped beyond the Euphrates River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living. As for me and my family, we will worship the LORD."
- Joshua 24:14-15 (HCB)
God had told Joshua to tell the people this. It's the same thing God says in Revalations 3:15-16, "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish that you were cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of My mouth."
If you believe Jesus Christ is who He said He was and that He did what He said He did and still does, then choose today who you will serve. There should be a difference in how you live your life people! We shouldn't look like the rest of the world who says they don't believe in Jesus Christ!
So who will you serve? Jesus? Some other god? Yourself? Choose.
P.S. I love you. That's why I tell you the truth.
In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment