Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Check Engine Light...

The check engine light came on in my truck. I'm no genius when it comes to mechanics, but I know enough to tell when the engine is not running correctly. There was nothing wrong with the cycle of the engine, changing of gears, or anything largely out of the ordinary, so I left it. Eventually, I had a friend who has a computer that will tell what the engine light code is check it out. Turns out my engine is running a bit cool. Not sure how big of an effect this will have on my truck, but I know my truck was designed to run at a certain temperature. As long as it is not running at that temperature, it is not running as it should.

All this got me thinking, do we ignore our spiritual check engine light when it comes on? Maybe its a lacking prayer life, a persistent sin, no joy in our lives, or even no desire to spend personal or corporate time with God.

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me lead me in the everlasting way. (Psalm 139:23, 24 HCSB)

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment