Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Deserved That...

I was driving on the interstate through a city about a week ago. I had been out of town for a while and was looking forward to getting back to friends and family.

In my hurry to get back, I may have been driving slightly over the speed limit. As I was cruising in the fast lane, I see something out of the corner of my eye. I look to my right to see a Tennessee State Trooper waving at me. My heart sank and I felt sick to my stomach. I knew what was coming next. I was completely in the wrong and "I really wanted to get home" was not a good enough reason to be speeding. I prepared to get what I deserved.

The Trooper then smiled and waved his hand up and down with a flat palm signaling me to "slow down." I waved back to say "thanks" and quickly decreased my rate of acceleration.

When we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, this is what we get, mercy. We deserve to pay for r crimes, our sins, but Jesus gives us second chances. If Jesus forgives and gives mercy to us and we are trying to be like Him, shouldn't we give forgive and show mercy to each other?

Thanks for the mercy extended to me God and Tennessee State Trooper!

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment