Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Reflection...

I sometimes get very frustrated with people who claim to be following Jesus Christ, yet their actions, words, and thought process doesn't reflect it. Not that we don't make mistakes, anger gets the better of me at times, I can be selfish, rude, go too far, push too hard, and be a down right jerk at times. However, I have learned through, the grace of Jesus and my desire to serve Him as my Master, that whenever I mess up I should seek quickly to make a mends where possible and repent of my wrong doing. That is, not only correct my mistake (apologize to who I hurt/made mad) but to also doing my best to stop that behavior. Yet everyday I see people who don't. They only apologize, or try to correct a problem when they are caught doing something wrong.

I think this stems from the "casual" view of Christianity many have in America. The most persecution you would most likely come under in our country from saying you are a Christian is possibly being laughed at, or told "no" when you offer to share your faith with someone. So, in reality, saying you are a "Christian" in America is an easy thing to do. Yet the ease of this leads many to not take their walk with Christ serious at any point. Never taking the time to consider the entirety of one's commitment to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ & the Bible leads to a life that is just not honoring to God.

Perhaps Paul said it best in Titus 1 in his instructions for leaders:
(10a)For there are also many rebellious people, idle talkers and deceivers...
(14)They profess to know God, but they deny Him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, and disqualified for any good work.

When you look in your mirror, do you see a person who matches what you say about yourself? Does your reflection match your description?

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment