Friday, May 22, 2009

I Still Need Work...

The more I teach the youth, the more I realize that I still need work. I'm not perfect. I don't have all the answers. I don't understand every principle in the Bible. I still have struggles. I still fail. My dad had a saying that I have adopted: "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I know." Oh how true that is.

It is for these reasons I am so thankful for God. It is these reminders that tell me its really not me, its God.

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Cor. 12:9

"Lord Jesus, thank You for who You are. Thank You for choosing to use those of us who don't have it all together. May Your Name be glorified by my life. Thank You for not giving up on me. Teach me Your ways and help me apply them to my life. Do this even when I don't like it. Amen"

In Christ,
jon walton

No comments:

Post a Comment